~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fusible Raw Edge Applique Easter Quilt

This cute quilt is for a customer & based on the children’s book, Can I hide my egg here?

The little bunny goes around to all the farm animals asking his question.  The individual boxes of the quilt show the responses.  But the little bunny doesn’t realize he is dropping eggs as he travels, so in the end, he has no eggs left in his basket.

{there is a top, matching border that is folded at the top/not showing}

DSCN4380DSCN4381DSCN4384DSCN4385DSCN4382DSCN4383

I really liked the way my tree top turned out

DSCN4386

So, the quilt making skinny:

I used my Go! cutter Rose of Sharon & Circle dies to cut out most of the shapes.  The cow’s ears are leaves from the Rose of Sharon Die.

The purple flower is also Texture Magic-d.

I used Wonder Under to fuse the pieces down & invisible thread (monofilament) to sew them in place.

The ric-rack is doubled for my grass

The frames are 1/4” fusible bias tape

Faces are finished with hand embroidery (such as it is *wink).  The words are machine embroidered.  The applique pieces were quilted to insure stability through laundering; it’s a crib quilt-we expect it to see some action.

Quilt is backed with the same tossed Easter egg fabric

Share |

1 comment:

harleywife57 said...

OH , how CUTE ! You did a fabulous job ! You are very creative !!

Labels