~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A wonderful mailbox surprise

I am blessed to be part of an awesome network of quilters!

Each Monday we have been posting challenges to show quick & easy ways that folks can use their talents to help others.

Today, I was surprised by a big box in the mail & look at these 8 beautiful pillowcases sent to me by blogger, HarleyWife57!  With local donating challenges facing her, she decided to pack them up & send them to me to donate here.

DSCN4377

I am very blessed indeed, and so are the youngsters of our county that will receive these pillowcases!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Yes, you are very blessed! But I am a believer that what goes around comes around...and so this is your reward!

Christine said...

Yes, what a wonderful thing. And the pillowcases are lovely.

harleywife57 said...

oh Shannon ; you are making me blush .... (It took 8 days , huh ????? ) :+)

Mimi said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet story! Love the pillow cases!!

sewmeow said...

Great ones.....wonderful for her to send them to you. I'm loving this pillowcase challenge!

Candy said...

My sewing group and I made pillow cases for the challenge a few weeks ago and gave them to the quilt store where we meet and use their classroom, Quilter's Crossing in Tomball, TX. I made 7 that day and all together, we had 14 or 15. Love it. Great way to teach beginners to sew and a wonderful "gift" for the people who receive them. Blessings!

Labels