~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Pretty Sunday, dyed a little brighter

2 pretty Sunday’s in a row.  It’s a record!

This Sunday I had a total ME day & dyed 10 yards of fabric.  The most common question is “what are you going to do with them?”  So, I will tell ya now, I have no idea!

Fabrics N Quilts Dyeing 052911

I dyed in yards this time and played with stamping

some hit & miss on this process, but learned the whole day on the good, bad & ugly of stamping.  These have not been rinsed yet, so the final look is much lighter.

DSCN4456DSCN4457DSCN4458

Below was a dyed FQ from last dyeing day that I just stamped

DSCN4454

Of course, every dyeing day needs a hand towel, er, shirt

DSCN4461

It’s a work in progress, the shirt, but looks great so far!  I of course wore one of my prior “hand towels” so probably added some character to it today too, unknowingly!

When I removed this one from the dye, the deep orange reminded me of trees, so I painted some darker brown on top of it…I think this will be in a landscape quilt one day.

DSCN4459

It may not look like much, but it was an all day affair after which, I was whooped. 

Oh, and when you see me & I have blue, orange & and purple fingers, now you know…my hands really are clean.

Share the love!

5 comments:

quiltsbylee said...

Love it. I used to love tie dying. Have to put that on my ever growing list of things I want to try.

Mishka said...

Smurf-like fingers are a sign of a good day!

harleywife57 said...

Oh !! they turned out BEAUTIFUL ! are your fingers still colorful ? They look like they took a lot of time !

Barb said...

What a fun day...love what you have done!

sewmeow said...

Great results for your fun day....love them!

Labels