~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, June 13, 2011

Recent finishes & Quilt Show info!

I am a little late for the Friday celebration of a week’s worth of quilty finishes…or maybe I can just be really early for this Friday.

*reminder~all my quilts are made with Warm & Natural blended cotton batting and washed so you can see them in their soft, crinkly goodness*

My first is a WIP Buster project. 



I started this Sugar Pop table topper when the layer cake first came in.  That was, what, February!?  Not such a great pic…too much sunlight & my camera battery died, so it is what it is!  This is my take on the pattern we have listed.

Sugar Pop Table Topper

I had this 3D Flying Geese quilt quilted by a local long arm quilter, Maggie Porter.  Love her quilting!

3d Flying Geese Quilt3d Quilting closeup

Finally, the remake of the classic is complete, well my part anyway.  The little lambs are ready to move out & be hand quilted by a proud soon-to-be-grandma.  (Sorry I cut off the border on the right)

Lamb Quilt top

I also managed another doll quilt with my 2” Go! cut squares

Purple doll quilt

Once it was done, I realized it would be a good size for a table runner too.

My last new creation is another treadle base table!

Treadle Display

So this will probably be my finishes for this week too, because it’s Quilt Show time!  (woot!)

If you are in the area, be sure to come to the Cumberland County Fairgrounds Complex in Crossville (TN) this Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm (CST)for the Mountain Memories Quilt Show.  It’s always a beautiful show put on by the amazing ladies of the Cumberland County Piecemakers.

Click here to map your route, just replace my zipcode with yours in the starting point A!

Share the love!

2 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful finishes this week - you did awesome! Whoop whoop!!

harleywife57 said...

WOW SHANNON ! you have been a busy little lady ! I went to Chicago today ; did the Mueseum of Science and Industry ! Very nice day with my daughter and grandkids but NO sewing or anything else !! that's the way it goes sometimes......

Labels