~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trash to Treasure-I love spray paint

Every now & again, I get lucky & find just the right display to meet my needs.

This week a friend & I ventured over the border (of KY) for a nice day out.  We stopped at the guild shop in Monticello where I picked up an awesome thread cabinet.  I am in the process of moving threads over, so this display looks weak in the pic.  (forgive me?)

Thread cabinet

The reason I haven’t done much with the above is because I have been working on the below.  There are 2 of these racks and they were in pretty rough shape  The plastic on the sides were broken, they were beyond dirty & LOTS of rust.  Luckily, I am a big fan of Rustoleum and have a nice stockpile. 

(view from above, before.  Terrible pictures, but at least I was finally able to figure out how to get pics off my phone.  I somehow deleted my better shot, oopsie)

 

I used the Krylon spray paint for plastics to paint the front piece (red at very bottom in pic above).  Using the old broken sides for templates, I cut out the new sides from pegboard I had on hand (power tools-be afraid).

So, not bad for 1/2 tank of gas, $10 plus about another $10 in supplies, huh? (remember there are 2 book racks plus the thread rack). 

Not to mention a day out after a hectic show weekend {priceless}.

bookrack

So, can I get a Whoop Whoop for some manual labor trash to treasure fixture refurbs? 

I know I have been one of the many victims of the blogger.com problems & that folks have had trouble leaving comments.  I appreciate your visit & your continued attempts to comment on our blog!  It truly makes our day!

One tip: if you don’t see the leave a comment link, click the blog post’s title & the reloaded page will be just this post & the comment box will be displayed.  I hope blogger figures out the problem soon.  I miss all of your comments!

Share the love!

6 comments:

harleywife57 said...

wow ! I am impressed ! don't you love a find that is easy enough and cheap to fix ? wow !!

Anonymous said...

Here's your whoop whoop! Congrats on a great find! Your buddy, RagamuffinQuilts.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love refurbished - that still has lots of life and good that it is not trash in a landfill. Whoop!!

**bloggers not able to comment - they need to 'un-check' the leave me signed-in box on their blogger and then they can leave comments.

Sarah Craig said...

I love finding stuff like that and bringing it back to life! That's definitely worth a whoop whoop!! Great work!!

Brita said...

Whoop Whoop, Shannon! Wasn't that a great show?! I hope you did really well. Good job on your shelves and for getting the thread stand. See you in September at the show.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

It's great to use something that would have otherwise been discarded. Handy, too!

Labels