~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, July 8, 2011

It’s been an awesome week!

First, the celebration of our nation’s independence in local Deer Lodge, TN was one of the best, most family friendly, wholesome events I have gone to in a very long time.

Kudos to all involved!  Here’s a pic from the parade:

Last Saturday, I got to visit with blogger-bud HarleyWife57.  We of course played with fabric.  This purse is for her:

bowtucks HW

I know, you are all thinking I am working for the Bow Tucks designer on commission or something, but I assure you I am not.  I just love this purse & apparently Winking smile I am not alone!  I have yet to list the red fabric (very new to the shop), but the black tonal is Marcus Nightscapes & you can find it here).

I also decided that this fall panel was just in need of some quilting to make it pop.  I tried my hand at some new designs & techniques and am happy with how it looks.  I used Aurifil variegated thread for most of the quilting (a new love)

fall back in time bowlfall back in time owl

Our other big Whoop Whoop was more store improvements, via new lights.  If you have ever tried to take a pic of a light bulb you know this is not a pic I can share, so you will just have to come in & SEE!

So, it’s time to give & share some Whoop Whoop! for a week well finished!

Share the Love!

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have yet to make my bow tuck bag - have seen so many pretty ones and just love this one in the red and black.

Jenniffier said...

What fun fall panels. They look great!

Sarah Craig said...

Such a pretty bag!! And I love your panels. I hope to make it up there someday soon to see your shop, but for now I'll give you a Whoop Whoop for it all!!! Great work!!

harleywife57 said...

OH SHANNON !! WHOOP WHOOP and I can't WAIT TO get my purse !! YAY !! LOVE IT !!! I posted to Whoop Whoop Friday also ; check it out !! ha .

Brita said...

The bag is great! But those fall panels are sooooo cute, great job! Whoop Whoop for you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have those panels in my stash. I like them more, now, after seeing yours done.

LynCC said...

I love the owl!!! When it turns up missing, just come on over to my house. ;D

Sue Daurio said...

The bag is wonderful! I love what you did with the panels. Great job!

SewCalGal said...

What fun. Love that bag. Panels are very cute too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Labels