~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, July 29, 2011

Some Civil War finishes

We’ve been wrapping up projects this summer (busting WIP’s).  Sometimes that means sending the projects out to the pros!

Our Underground Railroad Block of the Month was just one of those quilts that deserved extra quilting love & attention.  If you love this quilt & still want to make it, be sure to pop over to our website for the book & fabrics.

Becky Stowers of Busy Beebs Quilting is our local long arm Goddess. (Be sure to look at the gallery page when you visit her website!)

So, here’s the quilt (had to drape it over a table due to length) with some closeups of a few of the blocks:

UR.BOM Quiltedcotton bollStar Blockwavy quilting

I am in love with my Wedge Ruler.  This thing is fun AND easy!  I used this free pattern from moda to make the quilt below using the same fabrics as in the quilt.  What a great compliment to a bedside table or even a floor quilt in a guest room.  I quilted this in a style that will remind you of the quilting in the block above (‘remind you’, in that my wavy is not as evenly wavy as Becky’s awesome wavy).

I used moda’s premade (awesome) bias binding.  What a time saver that is!

round quilt

round quilt2

I’ve also made a tree skirt with my new toy…stay tuned!

Share the Love!

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love your new tree skirt!

GREAT QUILT TOO!

LynCC said...

Cool circle quilt!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I really like the round quilt. Are those old newspapers laminated on the floor. When I clicked on the photo and enlarged it, they really caught my eye~! What a unique idea.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop! Very pretty eye candy today - and that wedge circle quilt is very very cool!!

Connie said...

Great wedge circle quilt! Thanks for visiting my blog and I am enjoying yours! Your newest follower.

harleywife57 said...

WOW !! GORGEOUS !!! all of it !! can't wait to hear about your new ' toy ' ...............

Labels