~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, July 15, 2011

The UFO’s are flying away!

A productive week for me, quilting & binding 2 quilt tops which have been calling my name for a while now.

I find I learn something new with every quilt I make.  Are you like that?  It may be machine related, technique related or fabric/notion related, but I always seem to come away with an aha! moment.

My first finish of the week is this lap quilt from scraps.  I used non-scraps for the dark border, binding & backing only.  Even the out-most border is pieced rectangles.  {please forgive the lumpy, look of the quilt in the pic…it’s draped over a shelf of fabric bolts}

red white blue scrappy quilt

I like it, but when I stepped back & snapped the pic, my mind thought QR code…which of course made me think of a new project for the to do list!

My other finish for the week (still warm from the dryer, in fact) is my Cascading Charms quilt.  I designed this quilt to use just 1 charm pack (42 squares) and still come out with a beautiful bed quilt.

Cascading Charms

Do you love it?  Do you want to make it!??

Well, today’s a big day for us both, then!

I have added this pattern (my first original design) to my free patterns page

So….

Share the Love

7 comments:

LynCC said...

Whoop Whoop!! Hooray for shooting down UFO's!

Miri said...

Way to go: two quilts finished in one week!

Great quilts and thanks for the pattern!

Sara said...

Still warm from the dryer don't you love it!! Your quilts are very nice:)

P. said...

I do like that pattern! Thanks for making it available!

Desley said...

Lovely quilts. One of the things I love about quilting is that I am always learning new things.

Sarah Craig said...

Great finishes, both of them!! And I can't wait to check out the free pattern - looks like it might be a great one for the quilt ministry!! Whoop whoop!!!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great quilts and very nice of you to share your pattern!

Labels