~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who can’t love a quilted purse?

I’ve heard folks say they just can’t carry a cloth bag.  I know, WHAT?!

All the versatility, fun & not to mention customizability (that’s a word, right?)

I decided that after a few weeks of working on big quilts, I needed a little instant gratification.  I had a new display rack for my purse patterns & accompanying demo pieces…so I needed demo pieces!

Each one is my favorite, but for a different use.

Travel favorite-The Weekender Tote

I could pack a few drawers from my dresser plus toiletries in this bag. There are pockets that line the inside.  I decided on full strips instead of a brick pattern for my outside and went with nice long straps.

weekender tote

These were the last strips left from a long-gone moda collection, London Lawns II.  I lined the purse with a nice blue print from the Shirt Tales line.

Everyday Favorite-Amanda’s Purse

I am not out & about much, so I need very little in an everyday bag.  This bag is right up my alley.  Big enough to toss in my wallet, sunglasses & keys plus a bottle of water.  I did my straps a little different (didn’t fold & stitch into a roll, but I still may.  I like that it has a zipper & that the zipper was UBER easy to put in.  This purse is also quilt as you go & uses charms.  I used fabrics from Pat Sloan’s Georgia line for a nice fall look.

amandas this & that

Styling Market Shopping Favorite-Jelly Bags

If I still carried a larger bag, this would be it.  It will make a great market bag too.  Lined & with pockets, it’s a great way to use up your leftover strips.   I used Martinique from 3 Sisters.

jelly bags

Share the Love!

4 comments:

Marydon said...

Golly! They are alive with color, rich in beauty & I want the ALL!
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Brita said...

Amanda's Purse is adorable, it's so different! Love it. Also loving that jelly bag. They look great!

Sarah Craig said...

Great bags -particularly the weekender!!

harleywife57 said...

I love them all ! nice work !

Labels