~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, August 12, 2011

a couple flimsey finishes

I am a new arrival to the term flimsey, but I like it.  It’s such a fun way to say UFO Smile

I finished these 2 this week. 

This first one is the Happy Daze pattern.  8 FQ’s & an easy to cut quilt!  I used the Buttercup Lane fabrics.  I have to get this pattern listed in the shop, but promise to do that before I come back with a finished quilt pic.  If you are interested in the pattern, just email me & I can get it right to you.  It’s just $5!

happy daze

This pattern is called Pops A Lot.  It’s a Jelly Roll pattern that is a very fast quilt to cut & complete.  I used the last fabrications roll from Contessa’s court.  I think I will put a border on this, but not sure (ditto for quilt above too).

popsalot

I also made these pillow covers & cases to match the flying geese quilt seen here

flying geese pillows

So, those are my whoop whoop finishes this week.  I’m linking up with Sarah; be sure to pop over & see who else posted some Can I get a whoop whoop ?!

7 comments:

harleywife57 said...

NICE WORK SHANNON ! Thanks for reminding me to post on the whoop whoop site !!! I leaned the term flimsey from Sarah Craig earlier this year ! isn't she something ? I LIKE Sarah !!

Marydon said...

I am soooo in love with the first one. Just gorgeous.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Sarah Craig said...

Just FYI, flimsy isn't something I made up - I saw it on a blog too! And it's so useful - the quilt top before it's quilted! Yours are gorgeous - such wonderful colors!! Whoop whoop!!!

LynCC said...

Yay for finished flimsies!! :D Whoop Whoop!

Brita said...

Really pretty quilts! I especially love the colors in the second one -- the red and the stripes really make it sing. Whoop Whoop!!

harleywife57 said...

SHANNON : where is this POPS A LOT Pattern ??? and SARAH : You educated me on flimsies !!! You , go , girl .........

Mishka said...

That pops a lot quilt is gorgeous.

Labels