~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, August 1, 2011

Go Girly-wear an apron!

I love aprons.  Old, new, tattered, half, full, ruffles….you name it, I love aprons.  They are inherently feminine and these days for more than just the kitchen.

In my continuing quest for quick completions, I finished these 2 aprons this weekend.

First is from the Shop Girl (and boy) pattern by Fabritopia.

Love the pattern.  Very easy to follow & I love the way the pattern cut out worked.    I mixed a Michael Miller print with some coordinating polka dots

The pattern does give the option of lining the apron, but I didn’t.  I am sure if I had made this in cooler weather, I probably would have.

Shopgirl Apron

I had hoped to use this for the mommy & me apron class, but the bias ironing time for 2 aprons puts it out of reach for an afternoon class.  I think using the prepackaged would take so much away from this design.     Soooo…we are going to make this one!

Ruffle Apron by Sweetwater

Sweetwater Ruffle Apron

I love this pattern.  You can go real retro with calicos or fun & flirty with novelty prints like this Robert Kaufman fabric.  I think next time, I will opt for a wider band.  The pattern called for twill tape, but I liked having the band/straps match.

The full line of Sweetwater’s Little Sprout patterns are on the way.  I can’t wait to try them all!

We have listed several new apron patterns, so pop over to fabricsnquilts.com to check out our every growing selection.

3 comments:

Marydon said...

Your apron are wonderful, but I favor the lower one.
Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

harleywife57 said...

These are so so pretty !! I like the full coverage one since I tend to get stuff on me when cooking !!!! I must admit , I just BOUGHT one ( I know you are disappointed with me!) yesterday at KMart ; it was clearance $6.49 ; it looks like a halter dress with RUFFLES ! ; and it's RED BANDANA print ( 2 of my favorites ) and I got a clearance tablecloth to match !! My thinking was : it's less than the pattern and then I thought I could have made one w/o a pattern , but .................. the biggest reason : lazy !! and I have 6 binding to do ! ha !

Barb said...

cute aprons....

Labels