~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, September 23, 2011

It was a literary quilting weekend

yes, literary, not literally Smile.  It’s a rainy day here, so my pictures are not fabulous

 

I was able to put the finishing touches on my Dr. Seuss Hopscotch quilt

hopscotch seuss

The sashing looks very dark in the pic, but it’s Kona nightfall (a dark navy blue).  We have kits for this quilt, or just the pattern listed for you.  This is a great beginner quilt pattern that is both charm pack & fat quarter friendly.

 

and my Dick & Jane quilt.

Dick & Janedick jane sally

I did a really tight stipple in the blue border and a larger scale in the red.  In the background of each block, I did ripples.

I used Aurifil solid white, top 40 wt & bobbin 50 wt, to quilt both.  yummy goodness abounds!

Since everyone loves Dick & Jane and I am celebrating a finish, this panel is today’s Deal of the Day , snap it up at just $4 before they are gone!

deal.bmp

7 comments:

Kelly @ Blue Bird Sews said...

Your dick and jane quilt is awesome! I've never seen that fabric, really cute! whoop, whoop!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Two fun quilts - congrats on finishes - WHOOP!!

Sara said...

adorable quilts:)

harleywife57 said...

Shannon ! these are so cute ! I love them ;you did a wonderful job , as usual !! love the quilting .

Erin said...

I love your Dick & Jane quilt! I made the same for our granddaughter when she started kindergarden!

See u on twitter!
Godoodlesnquilt

Sarah Craig said...

Really nice quilts! I particularly like the Dr. Seuss quilt - I hadn't seen that particular pattern before! Whoop whoop!!

harleywife57 said...

Great work Shannon ! I picked you out of the link up line up again ! how about that ?

Labels