~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, October 21, 2011

A little Whoop Whoop for the seasons!

We have been feeling like seasonal projects lately, so whipped up this prairie point wall hanging

prairie point pumpkin

Great activity for hotel room…bring a baggie of 2.5” squares.  Make up a jillion prairie points while waiting for your event to start/bedtime!  I couldn’t settle on the quilting, so I quilted in the ditch between the background & border & then used the machine embroidery for the remainder of the quilting.

 

And I also finished around 10 feet yards of yo-yo garland for our shop Christmas tree

yoyo garlandyoyo garland1yoyo garland2

I used metallic floss for my stringer.  I think the best way to keep these from tangling in the “ off season” is to wrap them around a cardboard or plastic piece.  This one tangled just walking across the shop with it.  I made the garland in 3 sections; just easier that way.  These are the Large Clover Yo-yo maker-size.

Hope you enjoy our recent fabric adventures!

I am linking up with Sarah…go see what other cool projects got finished/made progress this week!

8 comments:

Barb said...

That prarie wall hanging is sooo cute!

Denise :) said...

OMGosh! All those little points -- I don't think I'd have the patience. So darling!!! :)

Sarah Craig said...

What a great use for prairie points! That's really cute - and I love your yo-yo garland!! Whoop whoop!!

harleywife57 said...

Wow ! Tons of prairie points @ Looks good and the garland is OH , so cute !!

Jessica said...

Wow, your pumpkin is gorgeous - you get a big whoop whoop for that! :)

Michelle said...

Those are really neat projects!

Alycia said...

What a clever pumpkin!!!

madakamom said...

Love the pumpkin, but those prairie points would drive me nuts! I'm having a hard enough time putting them around a quilt!
hm

Labels