~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Call out for help from all the crafters

I’m Christmas decorating at the shop this afternoon. Pulled out the ornaments my Grandmother made when I was a kid for the first time in at least 6 years. It's like a warm hug to see them.

DSCN4794

My grandma's ornies are made from something like this:

http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_1039-4785-60mm_acrylic_fillable_ball_ornament.html

I say "like", because hers were made 40 some odd years ago. (ooh telling my age a bit there, huh?)

Many are now dented (after decades of moves & storage). Any idea how to "pop" those dents out? (I have this wicked mental image of a toothpick-sized dent suction thing, akin to what a body shop uses on your fender)

Any and all ideas are welcome. Please share if you know anyone that could have a possible solution to make these beauties perfect again. My family appreciates your help! We have dozens that could use the TLC fix.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You may try the eye dr... they have little suction cups for getting contact lenses out. =)

Penny Barnes said...

Maybe you should just dent the other side so they look even...

harleywife57 said...

Sorry ; no ideas what to do ; but wanted to say that they are AWESOME ornaments !! did your granny quilt ??? oh ; and don't worry about your age dear ; I am 54 ! so there !! can't do anything about it except CELEBRATE IT !!!!! woohoo !!

teachpany said...

Those are so cool! I was goind to suggest replacing the plastic globe parts that are the worst, since the link you posted had so many sizes, but then I saw the ornaments and think it may be too crazy to try replacing them, or remaking them. Like the suction cup idea. Good luck finding a solution.

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

Seems like it might be a hard thing to do. Maybe you should just love them the way they are, we all get a little dented as time goes by!

Jan - Big Brown Dog Primitives said...

Shannon, do you have a heat gun? The scrapbook kind I mean. I'd try that, gently, sometimes it's magic. I love it for getting off sticky labels, too.

Labels