~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A little organization goes a long way

In my continuing quest to use what I have stashed away, this morning I whipped up this message board for the projects on the list.  Maybe if I get them out of my head I can rest easier.  No I didn’t put them in an order on the board.  I have that in my head just to keep folks guessing.

the 3 projects that are close to completion didn’t make the board, since I hope to wrap them up in the next week.

message board

This is a simple no sew project. 

  1. Cover the front of a corkboard with poly batting (I like the loft) & staple gun (no power tool necessary) it in place. 
  2. Lay your fabric right side down on the table, center the board batting side down over your fabric. 
  3. Wrap fabric to wrong side of board & staple gun in place. 
  4. I had a nice length of ribbon remnant to use for the hanger…yeah, I staple gunned it too (too sections & tied a bow) . 

You can go all out & do the cross ribbons so you don’t have to use pins on your messages & to make it prettier.  I wanted quick & done.  I finished it in under 30 minutes, ironing time included.

That means that this piddly

should hopefully be followed with a big whoopin’ entry next week!

6 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Good for you! Sometimes getting our thoughts organized is as important as finishing something! I know it'll make your life easier! Whoop whoop!!

Quilting Lodge said...

That's so cute. Sometimes quick and simple boosts our energy.

Vicki @ Quilting Lodge

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Cute and a perfect thing for a Minute for You! I came over from Marcia's linky party.

Barb said...

Wonderful project!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Great project! Thanks for linking up and don't for get to link back in the post or in your sidebar add the May for Me Button with the link. Thanks again!

Karen said...

I like the idea of a message board. Great idea.
I'm visiting from Marcia's link.

Labels