~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, November 18, 2011

New Quilts and Stockings

This week saw some big finishes in my little quilting world. 

You may have seen periodic updates on this quilt on our Facebook Fan wall.  I was commissioned to create just the top from fabric from early 2000’s & a pattern from the 1980’s.  To say that it was a challenge to interpret into the rotary cutting world I live in is an understatement.  But I am so very pleased with the result.  Just for the record, that 2nd border has 832 pieces in it & it is a mitered corner…snoopy dance!

Seven Sisters Medallion:

DSCN4788

 

As part of my Use It Up Fall – Scrappy Fall pledge, I created this rag quilt.  She’s a biggun (as we say ‘round here).  The quilt is draped over a 6 foot table & is hitting the floor on the back side as well.  The denim & fleece lining were in my sewing room taking up a ton of space.  The eggplant fleece was a perfect match to the Sugar Pop pinks, so a quilt was born & a shelf was cleared!

sugar pop rag quiltsugar pop rag quilt1

Last, I finished my stockings order for my customer who is using these as her gift wrap this holiday season.  Each family has a specific theme.

stockings 1stockings 2

 

I also finished my “winter warm & ugly” quilt.  Nah, I’m not showing it, but it is also part of my Use It Up Fall – Scrappy Fall pledge.  I had an old hand pieced quilt top that I got I don’t know where that’s made from strips of old clothing.  Wool, poly, corduroy, twill, you name it, it’s in there.  So, using up what I had, I crazy/crumb patched blue denim for a center 30” wide strip & then bordered that with some pretty blue & yellow home dec weight fabric that was also laying around.  It’s batted with high loft poly batting, tacked, washed & on my bed.  I slept under it last night for the first time & it is so heavy & warm; Heaven on Earth for sure.  And look at all the stuff out of my way in the process!

So, this week, I did the Snoopy Dance a few times.  If you remember, last week I told you I’d have lots to share this week!

happy_dance_Snoopy-vi

I’m linking up with Sarah:

 

9 comments:

Mego said...

WHOOP WHOOP for SURE! I love the rag quilt!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, lots of finishes - certainly worth a Snoopy dance and a Whooop!

harleywife57 said...

WOW ! My finishes were very skimpy compared to your HUGE finishes !! yippeee skipppeee / whooptey whoop !!!! And Snoopy is one of my favorites !

Sarah Craig said...

Good golly, you were busy this week! Both quilts are beautiful, the stockings are such a great idea, and I'd love to see your winter warm and ugly quilt - I bet it's great! Whoop whoop!!

Carla said...

Lots of work but so worth it because they all look great!

Connie said...

Everything looks wonderful! I really like your Seven Sisters Medallion, great work!

madakamom said...

Yay on the finishes! I love your 7 sister quilt! Did you write up a pattern as you went along?

KatieQ said...

Good for you! It always feels good to have a productive week. I wish you would share a photo of your new bed quilt. It sounds interesting.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

Labels