~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery at Quiltville

I am finally starting to make some progress on my Quiltville Orca Bay quilt.  No, it’s not much, but pieces being cut is a definite commitment to the project!  (Check back tomorrow to see what has been keeping me so busy this week & last!)

I decided to use up a big piece of scrap for my Step 1 .  My neutral color is also going to be mostly natural muslin, because I have so many scraps.  So my step 1 is not going to be very scrappy, a little, but not much.  I am hoping this works out ok.

orcabay1

My step 2, however, will be pretty scrappy.  I was glad to have the GO! cutter to cut my foundation squares.  3 turns of the crank & that bit was finished!  I have my purple strips all pressed & at the ready.

orcabay2

So there is my progress on the first 2 steps of the mystery…and eeek, the next clue comes out tomorrow!

It’s not to late to play along!  Pop over to Bonnie Hunter’s blog (click here) and print the directions.  You won’t be that far behind me!  Besides this is a project for you to use up your scraps.  Is there ever a deadline for that?

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Using up your muslin scraps and a large chunk of fabric doesn't sound like a bad thing. Your colors look like they will work together well.

Candace said...

Love your colors, and they are similar to mine. You will have a lovely quilt.

Ellen said...

Every little bit of effort counts! I don't think it is ever too late to start the mystery. Just print out the instructions and save them for later.

Labels