~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, December 5, 2011

Orca Bay Progress

Yes, I am still woefully behind those who are keeping up with the Orca Bay Mystery, but I decided that I wanted to play, not race when I started.  So each Friday, I save the clues, think about the fabric I’ll use for that part of the challenge & maybe get it cut.

This Sunday, I actually stitched!  Since I adore string blocks, I skipped right to them.  I finished 60 out of the 72 I need.  I would have finished, but the Packers were on, and hey, a girl has to have priorities!  Update:  I finished off the blocks this morning.  woohoo!

Here’s a sample of my strings

DSCN4814

I broke down & ordered the 1.5” triangle die for my GO too, so step 3 is on hold at least until it comes in.

At least I feel like I am playing along in the mystery now with some finished blocks!

8 comments:

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Gorgeous purple blocks - great job!

heather said...

I like the purple. I just finished up my green string blocks this weekend. My post is at http://www.spiritblog.net/?p=3838.

Simply Scaife Family said...

Beautiful color set! Love it.

Gail said...

I like your color choice, but then, if you look further down the link page, you'll see why! For a moment, I thought this was my post, and yet I knew I hadn't photographed that many blocks. Don't worry about racing, I've done step 2 and most of 3, but haven't started the first one at all yet.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I am way behind this time around too. But no worries, I will get caught up eventually. I too am doing purple strings. :D

Candace said...

Wow, purple. A girl after my own heart, lol. I would love to have a go, do you like yours, do you feel it's worth the expense.

harleywife57 said...

I'm not doing it ; but WOW ! I love love love the purple strings ! nice work Shannon !

karen said...

You are not alone in the slow lane for Orca Bay travellers! Loved your blocks and I was lucky to have the 1.5 inch die!

Labels