~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some Small Finishes

I love this time of year, sewing up class samples & feeling so productive.

I have already shown you the smocked pillow.  This pattern is in the One Yard Wonders, Volume 1 book

smocked pillow 

Well, I made a table topper with more fabrics from Martinique.  This is from the pattern Dainty by Thimbleblossoms.  Great pattern for layer cakes!  Our class for this table topper is February 6th.  I left the appliqued flower off mine as well as the rickrack binding, as it just didn’t fit the mood of the fabric.  Those are great add-ons for a fun runner (I imagine something summery with watermelons).

dainty

The quilting in each big block done with the embroidery machine.  Design from emblibrary.com

dainty quilting

What a cute set!

dainty set

 

Also from the One Yard Wonders book is this cute toddler twirl skirt.  Piping & elastic…new skills you should master!  I will definitely be adding piping to a border of a quilt this year!  I used lime green dots with Duequesa StripeClass February 3rd

twirl skirt

 

Since I don’t have a li’l girl to put that cute thing on, I made something for the girl I have!  Maggie, the District Manager, is sporting a new coat this winter.  I need to get her name embroidered on it, but she doesn’t want to take it off!  This pattern is also from the One Yard Wonders book!  Our class is February 16th

maggie coatmaggie coat1maggie coat2

 

I also made this 3.5” paper pieced quilt block for a quilt label.  Talk about using scraps!  strips are 3/4” cut.  Use the great instructions over at quilting.about.com to make yours!  Class January 17th.  Check out our great selection of paper pieced quilt label patterns, like this one!

ppcd quilt label

 

So, next up for me is my bargello sample and to finish the quilting on this quilt.

I am linking up with Sarah.  Pop over & give a little congrats to those who created a little pretty this week!

6 comments:

P. said...

Cute pillow and table topper! (I love the green and white Drunkard's Path quilt the pillow is sitting on too!) That's a great label. Never saw a paper pieced one before.

Sarah Craig said...

Goodness you've been productive! Love the pillow and table topper; the skirt and puppy outfit are adorable! And that label is just too cute! Whoop whoop!!

KatieQ said...

I have a few quilting motifs from Embroidery Library, but I haven't tried using them yet. After seeing how good the design looked stitched out on your quilt, I can't wait to try one.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wow...that's a lot of cuteness:) Love the doggie coat!

harleywife57 said...

Shannon ! great work ( but you are making me feel really like a BIG BIG slacker ..... !!) . Of course , my favorite has to be ms . Maggie in her new coat ; watch it , she may be trying to go for being the CEO of the shop !!!

sewmeow said...

You have been mighty busy, and love all your finishes; pillow, table topper, skirt, Maggie's dress/coat.

Good for you!

Labels