Monday, February 6, 2012

A couple new purses

I am a sucker for trying out every purse pattern I can find the time to make.

Why?

Well, you can usually make a purse in 1 day.  After long bouts with big quilts, sometimes it is nice to have a FINISH.

yeah, instant gratification…that’s sometimes all the mojo needs for a jump start.

 

I made the Jelly Bags tote last summer with Martinique fabrics…soft, sweet, beautiful.  This time, I opted for bright, in your face, color.  It’s winter, maybe the seasons really DO play a roll in the fabric I use in projects!

Featuring:  Spirit by Lila Tueller, Jelly Bags (pattern)

jellybagjellybag1

This purse is one I have wanted to try for a while.  I can’t remember the name of this line of fabric.  It was P&B textiles.  I had 2 fat quarters and some scraps squirreled away.  I paired them with moda brown crackle (I love that stuff).

Featuring: Bermuda Bag, Pink Sand Beach Patterns; 2-pull purse zipper by Coats & Clark, Moda Brown Crackle

DSCN5106DSCN5107

 

These are also on the class calendars this spring.  If one of them sparks your interest, come in, see the bag & sign up for the class!

Pin It

3 comments:

harleywife57 said...

these are lovely !! I like them both very much ; did I got to spam again ?

Fabrics N Quilts said...

Looks like it posted on it's own this time :) thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Connie said...

What beautiful totes!

Labels