Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A little Orca Bay progress

So, it’s not a “mystery” anymore, but I am still working at it when I can steal a few minutes of “just for me” sewing.

Super Bowl Sunday was that day for me.  I decided that I would not work on anything but my hourglass units . Yeah, that’s step 1, but I skipped around.

So, I didn’t finish all 224, but I did get 150 done.

You have to know it gets a little boring sewing all these 1.5” triangles together.  So 150 was a good stopping point.  More than half way which means picking it back up won’t be a downer {oh, I still have how many left"?}

orca bay step 1

I decided at the beginning, even before I knew what the units would be used for, to make my hourglass’ all the same.  I am glad I did, now that I know how they will be used.

 

Did you miss the mystery?  Well Bonnie @ Quiltville will leave the clues up for a little while longer, so pop over there & check it out!

 

See all my Orca Bay posts here.

 

I am linking up with Marcia here.

Pin It

9 comments:

harleywife57 said...

wow SHANNON ! aren't you the bomb when it comes to piecing ??? you keep going , girl !@

Belinda said...

Girl, you gotta have the patience of a saint to do that many little pieced things at one sitting. I'd never get that many done. They look really cool too!

Connie said...

I like the fabrics! I have my Orca Bay all pieced, just have to find time to quilt it. Have fun!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I only have the lil string blocks done. The rest will get done a little here and a little there.

Sue Daurio said...

Nice!! I remember how glad I was that they were finally done. I think it took me 3 weeks and there's no way I could've gotten 150 at one sitting. You must have been in a real QST zone :)

Carla said...

Nice progress!

Talin's Corner said...

Your blocks look great, but you did miss an exciting game.

krisgray said...

I would love to do one of Bonnie's quilts someday. It's so refreshing to hear someone say that piecing hundreds of the same units can get boring! Everyone makes it sound so simple but I know I would feel the way you do! ("Just keep piecing, just keep piecing...")

Sarah Craig said...

I really admire your tenacity in making 150 of those hourglass blocks! I love Bonnie's quilts, but would never have the patience to make all those little bitty pieces!! Whoop whoop!!

Labels