~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, February 13, 2012

Orca Bay Snow Weekend

We had an icy snow overnight Friday through Saturday, making opening the shop not practical on Saturday.  So I used my snow day as a sew day!

all pcs

 

Adding in some time on Sunday afternoon, I was able to get all the piecing for Orca Bay’s blocks completed.

 

Now the bummer, I am not thrilled.  I am not sure if I will set the blocks together as Bonnie laid out the Part 7 & 8 finale or not.  So for now, it’s back in it’s basket while I percolate.  One day I will get them out & play on the design wall.  This is mostly due to my color & fabric choices and my change to the blue star blocks, not, by any means, Bonnie’s pattern.

See how my paper pieced quilt label matches.  So cute.

Pin It

3 comments:

harleywife57 said...

I like it !

Sheila said...

Maybe you can make some smaller quilt projects with the blocks. They are pretty.
Last year I made a quilt using one of Bonnie's patterns ... only I made it a bit smaller and changed it some. Turned out great. I gave it to one of my grandchildren.

Madakamom said...

Shannon I love your colors! Do go ahead and put it together! I'd love to see it finished!

Labels