~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, March 16, 2012

Orca Bay Variation

I am known to go rogue with my quilting plans.  I had every intention to make the Orca Bay quilt, just like it was presented, but alas, I had to go my own way.  No disrespect to Bonnie, who designs the most awesome quilts.  Sometimes those mysteries prove my fabric choosing skills useless.  Though I loved my pieces individually (see them all here), I didn’t love them together.

I have all the pieces from all the steps made, and think I will end up with {at least} 2 different quilts.  Here is the first top. the tan batik squares and the outer blue batik border are new off the bolt, but the rest is all from the scrap bin, yay me!

orcabayvariation-2orcabayvariation-3

 

 

I am going to have to let the remaining pieces talk to me for a while before a plan hatches for them.  That’s ok, I have a dozen other projects to work on in the meantime.

Linking up with Sarah & Crazy Mom Quilts this week!  Go see what everyone else worked on this week & share some love!

Pin It

7 comments:

harleywife57 said...

This looks AMAZING ! Very Nice Shannon !!!!!

Pattilou said...

I "sew" relate. I think I'm a rogue too! Like how you've made your own quilt and it looks great!

Michelle said...

I love your variation!

Miri said...

Beautiful!

Alycia said...

Love your setting!

Connie said...

Beautiful! Nothing wrong with going rogue once in a while....or two!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's more fun to make the quilt 'your own'. I like it. I'd be terrible at a mystery quilt.

Labels