~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, June 4, 2012

The hand embroidery bug has bitten

For years, I envied from a distance.  Last month, I said, ‘Why not?!’

Given my luv of all things puppy, I chose this iron on transfer as my first foray into the world of hand embroidery:

I didn’t want Days of the Week towels, I wanted a baby quilt for a boy.  So I made 2 of one block so I could have nine blocks. 

I set them together & backed the quilt  with these cute Buck A Roo Baby fabrics.  My other fabrics are Bella Solids-Natural, Pale Yellow Solid, Bella Solids-Christmas Red (binding)

dog days

I quilted 1/4” on either side of the ditch with variegated thread by Signature.  The back was quilted with Superior Masterpiece in graphite (my every day bobbin thread ❤)

dog days-001

I really think it’s a cutie.  I have already started on my next project.  Handwork is such a joy.  To be able to fill that TV time with something other than bad-4-me snacks!  It’s nice to have something other than yo-yo’s to play with!

Pin It

5 comments:

Barb said...

Those Buck a roos are soooo cute!

JustPam said...

The quilt with your embroidered patches turned out great. I have to quit looking at things like this. I don't have time to catch that bug!

Jennifer Gail said...

You never cease to amaze. I just posted your June giveaway. Your Welcome:)

Raghu Pandey said...

I think its a very different things so thanks for share.
http://www.chikanbarn.com

Julie said...

This turmed out so adorable!!! Excellent embroidery!

Labels