~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Long Arm Quilters, UNITE

I am so blessed to live in an area overflowing with talented long arm quilters!  It takes the wind out of my sails every time I think I want one; I mean it’s just so easy to hand those flimsey’s off!

Over the past week & a half, I have received 3 quilts back from 3 quilters.  Yes, I learned that if you want to get a lot done quickly, spread the work around!

I also experimented with different battings with these creations.  All the quilts have been laundered once.  I love that crinkled effect from cotton batting {swoon}. 

(before we start, I should say that I am glad I don’t have to make my living as a photographer)

First up is my Orca Bay Revamped(Read more here on my process of using the pieces from the mystery in different ways.)

Orca Bay Revamped

This quilt was quilted by Maggie Porter of Clarkrange, TN.  I love her hand-guided scrolls.  This quilt is batted with Hobbs 100% cotton.  It does bunch up more than my usual Warm & Natural blended.  It’s also thinner.  Great for a summer quilt.

Orca Bay Revamped-001

Next up is my Pinwheels at Play. 

Pinwheels at Play-002

This quilt, obviously 30’s inspired, was a scrap quilt from the 2010 BOM we did in the shop.  I had a few 12” block kits not claimed, so I sprinkled a few in the layout & also in the corners.  This quilt is batted with my faithful, Warm & White, backed in white muslin.  I was going for classic on this quilt, so Margie Cravens of Jamestown, TN quilted this in a simple overlapping loop pantograph.  I think it’s a perfect fit.

Pinwheels at Play-003

Last, but by no means least, is Maddie Bea.  (Read more about Maddie Bea here.) 

 maddiebea

This quilt is batted with Mountain Mist Blue Ribbon by Helen Marie Kulis of Cookeville, TN.  I love this panto & this is the 2nd quilt I have used it on.  It’s elegant (or refined, or some other word that conveys cool in a formal kinda way).

maddiebea-001

Having all these finishes makes me want to dig more tops out & hand them off.  The Good Lord knows, there are plenty to go around!

Pin It

5 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful quilts and they did a wonderful job quilting them! Love your Orca Bay Revamped!

Annemart Berendse said...

Hey, great to see the different effect of each panto! I wish we had that many long armers in the Netherlands. When I guess we have 20 professional longarmers in this whole country, I don't think I am far of. Now you know why we're handquilters?;-)
Love to see your next tops going for gold!

Myra said...

These are great finishes! I really love the pinwheels at play quilt, it makes me want to make one! I'll add it to my Long list. : )

Sue Daurio said...

Wow I love them all. I don't know what I would if I had 3 new quilts all done at roughly the same time. How can you possibly choose one to wrap up in? I'd have to take 3 naps a day so I could use them all :) Seriously they are beautiful

harleywife57 said...

These are all so very lovely ! great work !

Labels