~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, June 15, 2012

Scrap Quilt Challenge 2012

My scraps are running rampant—again (ok, not again, still)!  (I still think there is hanky-panky afoot in the basket when no one is looking).  I bet you would like to thin yours out too.

I have been trying to finish off UFO’s this year, while still creating new & exciting things from the great new fabrics we stock at www.fabricsnquilts.com

In the spirit of my personal challenge with UFO’s & scraps,
I have a Quilt Contest for you!
scrap challenge.bmp
Fabrics N Quilts  Scrap Challenge Quilt Contest 2012
For those of you that joined in the fun last year, the challenge is very similar!
  • 60” x 60” minimum size
  • Entries must be completed quilts (patchwork, applique, rag quilt are all fine.  It just must be a completed project)
Scrap, Strip or String quilts are historically a way to use up the smallest scraps & strips of fabrics from other projects. Quilters would put every string of fabric to use, in those times when there was no room for waste.
Even in our times, we all have a scrap bin that overflows or a collection of fat quarters stashed away longing for a project.
There are no design limitations on your challenge piece, other than overall size and that the quilt should utilize scraps of fabric in an obvious way/be the focus of your quilt, and the quilt must be finished (quilted).


So gather up your scraps & start designing your masterpiece!
  • Quilt pictures must be uploaded to our Flickr group by August 31, 2012. http://www.flickr.com/groups/fnqscrapqc2012/
  • Voting will take place from September 1– September 15, 2012 and take place on http://www.fabricsnquilts.com. Voting open to all, but limited to 1 vote per computer. Any tie will be broken by staff vote.
  • Grand Prize Winner will receive a prize pack of goodies PLUS a $30.00 gift certificate to www.fabricsnquilts.com, not to mention bragging rights for the next year!
Be sure to grab our button & place it on your blog, or add an html button to your sidebar using the code on our sidebar
Join our facebook group to share ideas & pictures along your scrappy journey!

Let’s get scrappy!
Pin It

Share |

8 comments:

Patchwork Penguin said...

How cool, thanks for hosting this. Anymore, I find that my brain wants to make scrappy instead of something that actually goes together.

harleywife57 said...

Yay !!!! I'm in !! hope I can come up with 'a plan' ; oh yeah ; I've got lots of patterns I haven't used yet !!!!!

Sheila said...

I have scraps and think I'll try this scrap challenge. Thank you for hosting.

Unknown said...

Great Idea! Hopefully I can get my mind around my scraps and put some order, or not, to them. Keep reminding us on the MQG Facebook site. Thanks

Barb said...

This look so fun but my scraps are in storage until July 9th....but I will be sure to keep a watch out for all the participants.

Becca said...

I went through my bin of 2.5" strips and zipped up a great scrappy quilt. The only yardage I used was for the backing. Great challenge, thanks for sharing.

Valerie said...

I think I'll join in this challenge. I just recently started a quilt to use up scraps and this might be the motivation I need to finish! :)

cityquilter grace said...

being primarily a scrappy quilter, the toughest decision is to choose just one!

Labels