Friday, July 27, 2012

Quilt Finishes!

June was a great month to dive into the scrap bins & UFO’s and see what we could get done.

My Jacob’s Ladder queen size quilt (see more here) is now finished!

jacobs ladderjacobs ladder-002

All scraps except my purple & yellow half square triangles which are Whimsey Doosie, this Michael Miller print.  Simple quilting really lets the pattern do the talking, I think.  I bound it in a scrappy binding just to finish off the effect.  The backing is a great Thimbleberries backing.

I dove back into the scraps on the 4th of July & decided a Log Cabin was in order.  I find these blocks addicting.  Can’t put them down.  In a week, I had 56 blocks, all squared up, 12.5”.  Once that was done, I was able to walk away.  I played with layout & decided the traditional diamond was how I would play it.

log cabin blocks.bmp

Then, as my UFO finishing luck would have it, a friend was in the shop looking for fabric to make a gentleman a quilt in a hurry.  She works with a local church group making Prayers & Squares (that rhymes in the south Smile) quilts.  I finished my UFO by giving her my blocks.  Wow, that was an easy finish!  I enjoy the block making best anyway!

I also got a jelly roll quilt that I pieced last summer finally finished

popsalot-001popsalot-002

Same simple quilting pattern as the Jacob’s Ladder.

 

Don’t forget, we are hosing a Scrap Quilt Challenge right now!  Get your scrappy quilts finished up & enter!  More details here:

http://fabricsnquilts.blogspot.com/2012/06/scrap-quilt-challenge-2012.html


scrap challenge.bmp

 

So those are my “finally finished” finishes this week.  What are yours?  Link up with us in your comment here & share your project with Sarah too!

Pin It

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Great finishes! I don't have any actual quilts finished but I did finish 3 tops.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the scrappy JL! I have to quilt my top - this weekend and then it will be ready for photos.

Carla said...

Wow you have been busy! Great quilts and oh so pretty too! I'm a sucker for JL pattern.

Terri said...

Love how you finished your Log Cabin! You are a sweetheart.
Hugs

Sarah Craig said...

Good golly, girl, and you said I've been busy??? Whoop whoop for you!!

harleywife57 said...

WOW ! YOU have been 1 busy gal ! they all look so very lovely ! GREAT work !

JustPam said...

I tried to post earlier and it didn't go through. I love your Jacob's ladder quilt.

Jennifer Gail said...

Love them all but especially the Log Cabin:)

Sara said...

The Jacobs Ladder is fabulous..always admired that pattern!

Labels