~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, August 20, 2012

Hopscotch Lap Quilt

I love to match fabrics.  Love to see what will (& what won’t) work together.  This quilt was an adventure to see how I could bring very different designers into one fun lap quilt for a young girl.

Using the Pat Speth pattern, Hopscotch (love it, 2nd quilt I’ve made-check out Dr. Seuss here), I combined some Me & My Sister Birdie with some Deb Strain Meadow Friends and some Lila Tueller Spirit. 

Hopscotch-001

The atoll blue marble is a perfect compliment.

As I mentioned, this pattern is a Pat Speth design.  Pat is the author of all the Nickel Quilt books & patterns.  This pattern is both Charm & Fat Quarter friendly.  I prefer to use Fat Quarters since it cuts so quickly.

5 comments:

Brita said...

Simply delightful!

Barb said...

Love the quilt!

Nancy Staub said...

GREAT job!!!! What size did you make your lap quilt??? Seems every site I go to has a different size. THANKS for sharing!

KatieQ said...

I like the colors you used. Great quilt for a young girl.

harleywife57 said...

very nice fabric choices ! I still haven't used my pattern ; shocking , I know ! love it ! did she like it ?

Labels