~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The first quilt-a-long that’s inspired me to join

WOW, right?  All this time all over the net & NEVER joined a quilt-long?  There have been temptations, but this one is too cool to let slip by.

 

Barbara Brackman has just started the Grandmother’s Choice blog & quilt-a-long; each week a peek into the women’s suffrage movement in a way, I think, only Ms. Brackman could tell it. 

Each Saturday (thus the Saturday Morning Post) we’ll get a new 8” block.  A new block, each week, from September 1st through April 3, 2013 (49 total).  The finished, sashed quilt will measure 84” x 84”  Be sure to read all the posts on the blog so far.  You will find fabric requirements, the flickr group for posting your finished pictures, and fabric inspiration ideas.

If you EQ and use the Block Base add-on (I don’t use the add-on) there is also a reference to the exact block used from the Block Base so you can print templates or change the block size.  {Handy!}

 

So, want to join me?  As we work through the blocks, it may give a whole new meaning to suffrage…

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I won't be doing that QAL, but it does run through August next year. I will watch your blog to see all the great lil blocks that you make.

SM RE said...

Hey I randomly found you on one of these linky parties and I happen to be doing the weekly block along as well! It will be my first mixed quilt (I have always made similar blocks for quilts before). What do you think of this week's block?! Quite the challenge for me, I wish you well on it.

Labels