~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, October 22, 2012

Mountain Laurel Quilters Quilt Show-London KY

You will not meet a nicer bunch of talented quilters than the Mountain Laurel Quilters.  I just can’t say enough about how much I love & admire these women!

I was able to enjoy 2 hours of beautiful fall color on my drive – added bonus!

 

I forgot my camera, so, (since show & tell is a must) cell phone pics will have to do.  (just don’t try to blow them up..fuzzy wuzzy!)

Again, the info on the makers were in a pamphlet…which I didn’t grab a copy of on my way out.  I only remember who belongs to 1 of these I am showing, so please, leave comments to give credit to the awesome quiltmakers if you know the details!

Lots of hand quilting to enjoy at this show:

 

And machine quilting wows too:

The above quilt is by Mary Lou Casada who blogs at Cheaper than Therapy Quilting

 

Even a cool hand embroidery quilt (Washington-Reagan)

 

Yo-yo’s, Twister Tree & a German Shepherd too

Check out this very intricate Crazy Quilt.  It appears to chronicle a young man’s life focused around his love of fishing.  Yes that’s a lure in the bottom corner.

Then there were the demo’s!

Hand quilting (yes, it still lives on!)

Bed Turning

Hope you enjoyed today’s virtual quilt show. 

2 comments:

beaquilter said...

great quilts

harleywife57 said...

oh my ; what beautiful , gorgeous works of art ! thanks for sharing !

Labels