Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bee Yourself Appliqued Hexagon Quilt

It’s a rainy day here in TN, so an indoor picture it is!

Bee Yourself Applique Quilt

This quick & fun quilt is made with the Bee Yourself line of fabric.  I used the Hexagon ruler & cut a 5.5” strip of each fabric, then cut the hexagons from that.  I placed the raw edged pieces on the 1.5 yards of yellow background willy nilly until I liked the overall honeycomb design. 

Using a glue stick, I tacked them in place then pinned rick rack around the raw edges. 

honeycomb friday

When I zig zag stitch the rick rack in place, I catch the raw edge of the hexie too.  easy peasy!

I quilted the background with loopty-lou’s and stitched a flower motif in each hexie.  My first Pouncing experience on the long arm (more practice needed for sure).

bee yourself closeup

this is a quick & easy project you could tackle in a weekend, if you can also tackle your interruptions Smile

3 comments:

harleywife57 said...

very awesome Shannon !! love it !

Cherilyn said...

I love this! What a great way to make a hexie quilt without all those y seams! Great job!

Cecilia said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Labels