Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Four Patch Stack & Whack Quilt

I tend to create in muted colors, but every once in a while, I like to shout some bold bright color out into the world.  This is one of those quilts!

Four Patch Posies

I loved the Bora Bora fabric as soon as it came in & was thinking strictly about making bags with it.  But when I saw this stack & whack pattern, I new I had to use it.

I paired the Bora Bora with Moda Bella in Christmas Red & Kona Solid in Kelly Green.

The pattern is Four Patch Stacked Posies by H D Designs.  It was so fast to cut and stitch {and fun to pick each block’s design}.

If you’ve never done a stack & whack before, this is a great one to start with.  It’s just a four patch.  You can make a four patch, right?  Stack and Whack is just what you do:  stack up (in this case) 4 exact copies of the fabric repeat-all face up, then WHACK it up (in this case into squares).

My repeat was 23”.  I got 66 blocks from one set of 4 cuts of fabric.  I got a nice big quilt with about 3 yards of my focus fabric.

Check out the pattern here: http://shop.fabricsnquilts.com/4-Patch-Stacked-Posies-Quilt-Pattern-HDD25.htm

and it’s big sister (a little more advanced pattern) here: http://shop.fabricsnquilts.com/Stacked-Posies-Supreme-PLUS-Persian-Posy-Supreme-Table-Runner-HDD34.htm

I’m linking up with Sarah & Richard.  Go check out some other quilty eye candy in their linky’s

                            

7 comments:

Chumkie Mukherjee said...

Love your Stack & Whack quilt, Shannon! Such an enjoyable technique. Thanks for linking in!

Brita said...

Beautiful, Shannon!

Val Spiers said...

This looks fabulous.

Cindy said...

Love your quilt! I love this pattern too. I made a quilt for my great niece (boy does that make me seem old!) and I loved how it came out. Seeing yours makes me want to do another one!

Alycia said...

Love it! The colors are stunning!

LynCC said...

OK, That's really cool. :) Whoop! Whoop!

harleywife57 said...

LOVE THIS !!!!

Labels