Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More simple blocks make spectacular quilts-Basix from X-Blocks

Patricia Pepe knows just what quilters want and her X-Blocks rulers deliver!

I think all quilters love the look of complicated quilt-especially when they know it’s not as hard as it looks.  The X-Blocks series of rulers use nothing harder than either 3 strips or a 9 patch block. 

My second favorite thing about them is the versatility.  You can use these rulers for so many varied design options, you are sure to never get bored.  You can see all we offer here: http://www.shop.fabricsnquilts.com/X-Blocks-Quilt-Queen-Designs_c321.htm

 

Patricia has struck again with the new Basix rulers. 

BBSXBSX

As you can see, these rulers use the uber-popular Jelly Roll strips & honeybun strips.

There are also 2 full color quilt patterns that are in INCLUDED in with the Basix (2.5” strip)ruler.  Here are my versions (not yet quilted):basix

The above reminds me of a Friendship Star.  The fabric is Blank Quilting’s  Pompeii

basix-001

The Pinwheel is made from Timeless Treasure’s Ruby and some Kona Solids

Fe Fi Fo-FUN is from the “Once Upon a Time” quilt book.  I dug into my scraps & I think my quilt looks like confetti!

basix-002

Check out our first round of X-blocks projects and see a quick tute on how the rulers work here: http://fabricsnquilts.blogspot.com/2012/05/x-blocks-rulers-if-you-can-make-and.html.

4 comments:

FiberAntics said...

Great X-block quilts! Love the red Pompeii stars. Amazing what variety you can get with one ruler.
--Veronica at FiberAntics

Rosa said...

Fabulous projects.The last one is my fav.Happy sewing!

Rosa said...

Fabulous projects.The last one is my fav.Happy sewing!

Esther F. said...

Great projects! Love the variety!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Labels