Friday, July 12, 2013

Stuff My Stocking-day 1 special

Us crafty folks need time to get those wonderful hand work infused projects done.  We need a sale NOW!

Check out the Deal of the Day each day through next Friday for extra specials that will change daily and end at midnight (mountain time).

In addition to this week’s sale fabric collection, Snowdays, today’s Christmas in July special are

Yo-Yo makers!

I am a bit of an addict to yo-yos.  Check out all my yo-yo blog posts here.

I finished up this cutie elf this week.  All of our yo-yo patterns are here http://www.shop.fabricsnquilts.com/Patterns-for-Yo-Yos_c219.htm.  I named him Eddie.  Eddie Elf.  (He’s kinda pale from working indoors all year).

Eddie Elf

and I am just 8 strips of hand applique away from finishing that step of my queen yo-yo quilt! 

yoyo hanging

There will be a total of 30 strips & about 1000 XL yo-yo’s in this baby when it’s done.  I think this will qualify as a heavy quilt!  The pattern I am using is from the June 2011 American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  Here’s my (laundry) basket of yo-yo’s before the applique began.

yo-yo quilt in progress

They will go together something like this (Lord willing)

yoyo with backing

Yo-yo’s also make great appliques and embellishments for your little girl (or to hide that stain, tear, hole, etc.).

So, pop over to the Deal of the Day section of www.fabricsnquilts.com & stuff your stocking with these great carry-anywhere gadgets!

But HURRY!  This special will be replaced with a new deal at midnight!!

2 comments:

Brita said...

You go, yo!

free indeed said...

I was so tempted by that quilt on the cover too! But I had so much on my plate at the time. Keep up the great work! Is it hard to applique them evenly spaced?

Labels