Monday, November 11, 2013

Another quilt from Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 8

Last week I showed you the quilt I designed for Quiltmaker that is *actually* in the magazine.

Here is the quilt I designed from my tested blocks that’s just for ME!

(I caught the sun at the wrong time today when I snapped my pic, so it looks a little dark.  Sorry bout that!)

QM Vol 8

The magazine is packed full of all kinds of blocks (pieced, applique, paper pieced) and for all experience levels.  Those I tested were perfect for a seasonal quilt.

I used my word processing program to make the words.  And as usual, I forgot to reverse the image for the fusible applique.  I keep telling myself that if I do that enough times, I will eventually remember in advance.  At least I didn’t fuse the “bad” to fabric before I realized it.

If you’ve never checked out the 100 Blocks issues, grab this one.  I promise you’ll find more blocks to make than you have time to make them (isn’t that always the case?)

Quiltmaker is doing a blog hop this week too!  Check it out here:http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2013/11/100-blocks-blog-tour-day-1-giveaway-2/

4 comments:

DH Stitches said...

Great quilt Shannon! Thanks for the blog post mentioning Quiltmaker and 100 Blocks. We really appreciate it!

FiberAntics said...

Fabulous quilt! I have those reverse brain freezes every time I get ready to do paper piecing. Glad I'm not the only one. --Veronica

Connie said...

What a neat quilt Shannon!! I can't wait to get a copy, looked at the store last night but it isn't in yet here.

Joanne said...

What a creative way to put the blocks together. Mine are in page protectors in a three ring binder. You are giving me food for thought. Joanne

Labels