Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Appliqued Yo-Yo Quilt top finished

One day I’ll be able to say I made a quilt entirely by hand. 

Well, I can say that now, but not one I’d show off to anyone.  The first quilt I made was entirely by hand…and I am a self-taught quilter.  Go ahead, let your imagination run on that…yup, that’s what it looks like (eek).  That’s a story for a different day.

Today I can celebrate that the hand piecing is complete on my queen sized appliqued yo-yo quilt. 

yoyo top done

You can see in the pic that the quilt is overlapped on the clothesline a pretty good bit.  I haven’t pressed my piecing yet, and my drop is 4 strips of yo-yo’s on each side of a queen bed & it’s pretty generous top & bottom too. 

Next up is basting, then let the hand quilting begin.  I wonder if it will take 5 years to finish like the last one?  Let’s hope not!  But with that said, I am going to take a break from this project.  It’s been 2 years to get it to this point and I really just want to look at something else for a while.  To see other posts on this project (including pattern, etc.), click here.

I am diving into some wool for the winter.

5 comments:

FiberAntics said...

It's beautiful! You go, girl! --Veronica

harleywife57 said...

It is WONDERFUL !!!!

Jennifer Gail said...

Very impressive Shan!!!!

Connie said...

What a beautiful quilt and a lot of work!!

Sarah Craig said...

Shannon, that's amazing! I think you deserve a whole bunch of whoop whoops!!! Take a break for a while, though - it will be more fun when you go back!

Whoop whoop whoop!!!

Labels