Saturday, November 2, 2013

Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Volume 8-Check out my quilt

I tested blocks for the 8th edition of 100 Blocks for Quiltmaker (and am testing for Volume 9 too).  It’s a fun process and pushes me to use techniques I sometimes avoid in my projects.

For Volume 8, I also designed a quilt using the blocks I tested.  And my quilt made it into the magazine! 

I just received a couple copies and have to admit I’m floating about 6 miles above the ground right now!

quiltmakerv8.01

Here are the pics I took of the quilt before I sent it off.  It will hang in the Quiltmaker offices until January, so if you are in Colorado…

DSCN6032

I used another block for my label on the back.

DSCN6034

The fabric is Robert Kaufman, including yummy Kona Solids.

Reserve your copy by e-mailing me.   Copies of the magazine go on sale November 19.

9 comments:

beaquilter said...

aww congrats!lovely quilt

Brita said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous quilt! Gee, now we'll be able to say we knew you before you were famous ;-) Congrats!!

Joanne said...

Your quilt design is terrific. I was a tester also and my sampler was much less imaginative than yours. You should be very proud of your design! Joanne

FiberAntics said...

Yay! Good job and congrats. --Veronica

anne59474 said...

WOW..that is a beauty!

Rosa said...

Fabulous.congratulations!!

Connie said...

Congratulations and what a beautiful quilt!

Design Originals by KC said...

Great quilt... love how you did the label and the back is beautiful too! Congrats on being published in such a great mag! Kathi

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

FABULOUS is all that comes to my mind . Actually , I am blown away by this beauty ! GREAT JOB SHANNON !!! CONGRATS !!!

Labels