Friday, January 24, 2014

Confetti-a baby quilt from the X-blocks Basix ruler

Doesn’t this look like confetti!?

Fabrics N Quilts Basix X-Blocks Confetti Scrap Quilt

When I found the X-Blocks Basix ruler uses jelly roll size strips, so off to my scrap bin I skipped.  Yes, it was last June that I skipped (if this looks familiar).

I had plenty of strips cut, so I was able to put together a plan pretty quickly.

The X-blocks rulers use a simple nine patch block, then, using the ruler, you square it up on an angle.  You can see my quick tute here.

Here’s a shot of my 9 patches in progress:

Fabrics N Quilts Confetti blocks

So this is a finally finished UFO.  It’s not that it took long to quilt or bind, but this has lingered for 7 months as a top…and now it can find a baby to love Smile

Fabrics N Quilts Basix X-Blocks Confetti Scrap Quilt-001

No comments:

Labels