Monday, January 20, 2014

First Ladies Quilt-First big finish of 2014

I am on a mission.  A UFO mission.

My UFO’s are sucking the creative spirit right out of me, so I am on a mission to finish them up.  I set up a calendar to work on each one & plan to be done by April with enough of them that I can actually clean my studio…and find more!

The first victim of the UFO mission was quilting the 2013 Block of the Month we did in the shop.  Yup, the block of the month top got quilted at the beginning of the next year.  Don’t judge. 

This actually worked out well.  The customer that purchased this quilt was able to customize the finished quilt by choosing her backing, binding, & have input on the quilting. 

This is my first really “custom” quilting on one of my own quilts.  It took 3 weeks to finish the quilting.  Now that doesn’t mean that I worked on it non-stop or even every day, but that’s a long time to work on one quilt, for me, for now.

Fabrics N Quilts-First Ladies-004Fabrics N Quilts-First LadiesFabrics N Quilts-First Ladies-002Fabrics N Quilts-First Ladies-003

So, there’s the first one off the list.  I will have more to show soon.  I’m really staying focused.  Let’s hope I can keep up the pressure to be a finisher!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Great job! i love the way it came out. It must feel good. My word for the year is "Finish". I am hoping to stay focused so that some of my UFOs will get finished. My First Lady quilt is on the list.

Design Originals by KC said...

LOVE this finish! Love how you quilted it from the front and the back... such wonderful work! Thanks for sharing you first finish of 2014!!!
Kathi

harleywife57 said...

WOW SHANNON !!!! this is so pretty ; and the back DOUBLE WOW !! Whoever bought this has an AWESOME QUILT ! :)

Georgia said...

luv your triangle border treatment

Andee said...

Yay for a UFO finish! It looks great!

Sarah Craig said...

It's gorgeous, Shannon! I really like the shots of the back too - such a great way to show off your quilting!

FiberAntics said...

I'll be up your way next week to see this "lovlie" in person. Custom quilting does take time, but it is sooo worth it. In the long run, you'll be glad you did it.

Labels