Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quilter’s Corner QAL

I am blessed to be part of a small group of online quilting friends.  We meet in our own little corner of the internet and have for almost 10 years.  There are not many of us, but I believe we would fiercely defend each other in the case of a Zombie Apocalypse.

This year we decided to do a quilt along.  One of us choosing a block on the first of the month from Quilter’s Cache.  Something not too hard (2 pin max, in QCache terms).

I chose the block in January, Mosaic 4.

QC jan

Suzanne chose the February block, Oh Suzannah

QC feb

Then, I found the awesome “Globetrotting” mystery QAL that Pat Sloan is doing.  Her first block, Washington DC would be a great medallion for my QAL quilt & add more memories to the quilt.  Her block is 24” without the outer border, and that’s perfect for what I need.

QC WDC

Here they are, all together.  Can’t wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

QC progress

4 comments:

love2ragquilt said...

Looks great Shannon. I need to do my February block and I am already thinking about what I am going to pick for the March block.

Connie said...

Great blocks Shannon!

SewCalGal said...

Great block designs and I love your approach of partnering with others on this.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I love your idea of you using the Globtrotting QAL for the center.

Labels