Friday, February 21, 2014

Tie the Knot-a one block quilt

I loved the woven look of this quilt before I realized it was a one block quilt.  Then I was sold! 

Fabrics N Quilts-Tie The Knot

The block is similar to a log cabin block.  Lots of straight sewing. {swoon}

I used Riley Blake’s Flutter collection & the red really set this pattern off.  I did deviate in my borders from the pattern and made them a little wider.  To make the weaving pattern work, the quilt really has to stay a square quilt, so I wanted it to be big enough for a king bed.

I even did something I rarely do…made bias binding.  I used the coordinating stripe for the binding because that pop of red, white & blue was just too perfect.

fabricsnquilts tie the knot binding

You can snap up some Flutter for yourself here, and the Tie the Knot pattern here.

Another unfinished project off the list!

2 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Pretty, Shannon! Love the pattern and the colors are perfect!

scottylover said...

Very nice! I can see it done in browns and greens for a more masculine look, too.
Sandy A

Labels