Monday, March 3, 2014

Jaybird Quilt Patterns and Rulers now at Fabrics N Quilts

Love.  Pure Love!

How many quilters have avoided diamonds and hexagons based entirely on the Y (set in) seam?  Come on, raise your hand…with me…

Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts has developed the Sidekick ruler and Hex N More rulers with a myriad of corresponding patterns to overcome that dreaded Y seam.  Check out our selection of her rulers & patterns now!

We gave the Sidekick ruler a go-round last week & absolutely LOVE how easily our points matched up. 

Unfortunately it’s not a good weather day for pictures, but I am ready to share…so forgive the pic quality.

Here is our version of Giggles using Robyn Pandolph’s Avoncliff

Fabrics N Quilts-Giggles

and our Seaside Table Runner made from Blank Quilting’s Dynasty (with a little Robert Kaufman in there to round it out).

p.s. Dynasty is our Deal this week…check it out!

Fabrics N Quilts-SeasideFabrics N Quilts-Seaside-001

The Sidekick ruler is such a great size, that I actually cut out all my pieces with my rotating mat while sitting in my recliner, feet propped up & TV tray in my lap.  Yes, I know, that’s not the picture most quilt teachers would paint for safe cutting, but it got me to this blog post a day faster!

Julie is a great social media gal.  She wants to celebrate your projects with you.  Each pattern has a hashtag to use when you share your projects.  I don’t know any other designer so excited to share your experience.  Kudos to Julie!  Search your fave social media channel for jaybirdquilts and follow her!

I also have the Night Sky lap quilt already cut out, but I am jonesing to try the Hex N More ruler.  Maybe I will squeeze in a Mini Disco first.

1 comment:

KatieQ said...

I have her Hex and More ruler, but haven't tried it yet. It looks like I should add the Sidekick ruler to my wishlist.

Labels