Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Little Blue Bird Wall Hanging - a UFO finish

Last summer I treated myself to a long weekend of classes hosted by TVQA.  I will publicly admit that I was drawn in by the chance to learn machine applique from Pat Sloan.  It was everything I expected.

Tons of tips, lots of eye candy plus she & her hubby are just the nicest folks.  If you ever have the chance to take her class or see her lecture, don’t miss it.  If you schedule events for your group or guild, book her!  

You can read more about my class in the original blog post here. 

Fabrics N Quilts - Little blue Bird

It’s a cloudy day here, so it was inside pictures again.

I played with some different quilting designs & ideas on this one.  Always learning, right?! 

So it’s another UFO off the list!  Woot!

I’ve also made a big dent in the Dresden Plate quilt UFO too.  All my border half-plates are ready to applique!  There’s a snipet of the Dresden quilt in this blog post from last April (how embarrasing!)

dresden border

3 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful wall hanging and it always feels so good to finish a UFO!

Design Originals by KC said...

Love this machine appliqued top you finished! Glad you took the time to finish this one as it rocks :) Love your half dresden plates too for a border you say... that is becoming very trendy of late it seems... can't wait to see them appliqued on your quilt top :) Kathi

Barb said...

Love the wall hanging!!!

Labels