Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mini HexNMore Mini Disco

I have to admit it…I am not usually a fan of working with small pieces.  Of all the piecing I have done with pieces under 2”, I think this one is in the top 2 .  So much so, that I could honestly say I’d make this again & again.  (Don’t forget the best part of small projects…they usually finish quickly too!)

Fabrics N Quilts - Mini Disco

That said, I did cheat just a bit from the pattern.  You’ll see that the pattern bound all those points.  Sorry, I am in a finishing mood & though it is a cooler look, I was looking for a FINISH.  If I hadn’t pointed it out, you’d still have loved mine just as much *wink*.

This takes under 1 charm pack (30 squares), the Mini Hex N More ruler & the Mini Disco pattern.  The quilt finishes at about 12” x 15”.  I quilted mine with a variegated Signature thread on top (f-253) & Aurifil 50wt in the bobbin (#2260).

We used Bobbins & Bits batiks for our project.  We have also made a kit of this project if you’d like one of your own!  We backed & bound our project with the red pinked edge batik from the same line. Grab your kit here:

http://www.shop.fabricsnquilts.com/Bobbins-Bits-Batik-Mini-Disco-Kit-BBMD.htm

I would emphasize using batiks in this project, as the tight weave will help you not press it out of shape.

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a beautiful little quilt with beautiful fabrics and what a neat ruler!!

Labels