Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Scrap Quilt Challenge Sponsor Spotlight-Quilters Dream Batting

qd

Have you tried Quilters Dream Batting?  Are you a #battgirl?  #battboy?  Search those hashtags on Instagram to see some of the beautiful quilts using Quilters Dream Batting!

I have a few separate things I love about Quilters Dream.

First, they are an American company making stuff in America.  That just seems like a novelty these days & though I love things, places, and people from all over the world, I love that there are still folks manufacturing in this country.  It is grounding to me.  It is neighbors banding together and creating something together, supporting each other, and building a community.

Second, they understand there are always things we can do to help another soul.  As we’ve already blogged, they have worked tirelessly for years to support  quilt donations to those touched with ALS.   We hope that you can consider to make a quilt after you dry off from your ice bucket shower.

Third, it handles like a dream.  Really.  They hit the nail on the head naming their company.  I have used several of the weights and types of batting and it has never bearded, torn or bunched.  Check out the User Guide page of the website for the pert’s on each batting.

My hand quilters love the Dream Orient.  Check out this blue ribbon winner from last week’s show in Monticello, KY

patsy.38

Made by Patsy Littrell of Allardt, TN

Last, they are just nice people.  I have spoken to them many times by phone and via email and NEVER had anything but a smile by the time I hung up.  Who doesn’t like to support a business that makes you smile?!

You can read all about the different weights and styles of Quilters Dream batting on their website, http://www.quiltersdreambatting.com/.  Quilters Dream is only available through independent quilt retailers, (yes, I love that too).  We currently do not list our batting selections online, as we think the shipping can be cost-prohibitive for our customers.  Do you buy batting online if you don’t have a free shipping offer?  Did you know you can call/email orders to us for things we don’t offer online?  Oh yeah…we’re all over that service!

We are going to give away a package of Dream Fusion Iphone Case Kit! 

The giveaway includes Dream Fusion (a fusible cotton batting), pattern, and 2 fat quarters

{We will also toss in a sample card of all the batting options from Quilters Dream}

DSCN6711

Giveaway entries accepted through 9/5 midnight. 

Leave us a comment on what, if any Quilters Dream battings you have used and your review.  If you have not had the chance to try Quilters Dream Battings, let us know what you usually quilt with!

We will post a winner on 9/6!

32 comments:

Karen Rowland said...

I usually use Hobbs 80/20 batting or Warm and Natural. I would love a chance try something made in the USA.

Donna in NH said...

I have used the Dream Poly and Dream Cotton and love them both.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Quilter's Dream has some beautiful batting. As a longarm quilter, I have used many of the blends.

teachpany said...

I haven't tried this brand yet. I do like that it's American made. I usually quilt with Warm battings. Thanks for the info!

From the Heart Quilts said...

In a quilt meeting a year ago, I overheard someone make a comment about Dream Cotton. I bought a package of Dream Cotton and that is all I have ever used since. I quilt on a Bernina 150 and it works great. No bunching up or coming apart. I just love it and won't use anything else.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I use Quilter's Dream Select 90% of the time. Even though I FMQ with my home machine, I still find it more economical to buy it by the roll - usually Queen size. Fabrics just lay so flat and cling to this batt for a nicer finish and it washes/dries still leaving a wonderful drape.

Sheryl S. said...

Our local shop sells batting in large rolls with no brand name displayed. Not much choice here.

Lisa Marie said...

I most often use Hobbs 80/20 or Warm and Natural and haven't had the chance to try Quilter's Dream.

KatieQ said...

I haven't tried Quilter's Dream yet. Our local quilt shop does not sell it. We'll be taking a vacation soon and I have researched a few quilt shops along our route. Hopefully, one of them will stock it.

WoolenSails said...

I have never used their batting but would love to try it and the sample card would be nice to see what types they have and how they feel. I usually get the cheaper battings with coupons.

Debbie

PK Sews said...

I usually quilt with Warm and Natural. I haven't tried Quilter's Dream and I would love too!

Jackie Thompson said...

I have purchased my batting from a quilt shop, but I didn't ask what brand they offer. I would like to try Quilter's Dream.

Debbie said...

I am definitely a battgirl, I use to use hobbs, once I tried quilters dream I never went back. In have used Dream Orient, Select70/30 and their wool. I love them all, especially the wool, it really makes my quilting pop. I love it so much, and after seeing my quilts, my local quilt store has started selling it's how cool is that! Katn@bellsouth.net

GranChris said...

The Dream Cotton is wonderful to quilt on. I love it. I just have a Brother 1500 but that is what my Longarm friends use.

Jeanette said...

I haven't used them before! I usually just use Warm and Natural. I have a few baby quilts that I need batting for, so maybe I'll give QD a try.

Digiscrapations said...

I haven't tried Dream Cotton yet. Would love to give it a try though.

Janie said...

Love that it is made in the USA. I haven't tried it. Thanks for the chance.

Quilting Tangent said...

I haven't used Quilters Dream. Warm and White is what I have. Would like to see what the difference is.
24Tangent@gmail.com

Natalie F said...

I used Dream Poly, I've only made two quilts and I'm not sure what I used with one. I would love a sample pack (I should check into if that can be purchased). Thanks.

Kristy said...

I would love to try this, thank you! I usually go for Warm & Natural.

Emily C said...

So far I have used Warm and Natural.

barefootT said...

I have not had the chance to use quilters dream batting. I use warm & white, or warm & natural.

Sarah said...

I have never used this brand, to my knowledge. I frankly pick the cheapest brand available in the store, if my fabrics have been pre-washed (meaning that it's usually polyester). If not, I try to go for something cotton to keep the shrinkage factor similar. sarah@forrussia.org

quiltedfabricart said...

I tried the blend and love it! Quilts up beautifully with nice drape

Karen Propes said...

On one of those days when you need to finish a quilt and don't have time to go to the store (planning ahead would be the best). My Daughter brought me some batting and it was Quilters Dream. I love it! Thanks for the chance.
ncjeepster@aol.com

Abbigail said...

I have never used any of this batting but would love to give it a try. I usually use Warm and Natural for my quilts.

judy stafford said...

I have used this product twice and loved the results. Everything was so "crisp" looking. It would be a great priveledge to win this.

Jan D. said...

I'm a traditional quilter, and I love Quilter's Dream Cotton Batting for the look it gives my quilts. It holds up well to washing, too, since I make my quilts to use.

pippirose said...

I have never used any of their products, but have heard some good things! I'd love to try some. :o)

Beverly McKnight said...

I just purchased Quilters Dream Green at a small quilt shop...haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I love the feel of it, it is sooo soft!

Vanessa Kasal said...

I was able to find the Quilters Dream Cotton Batting and I am in love!! I normally user Warm & Natural or Warm & White, but the Dream Cotton was so much nicer! I would love the chance to get my hands on more - thank you so much for the chance to win :)

Homemother said...

I've never used Quilters Dream battings before! I would really like to try some! So far I've used generic cotton batting and Hobbs polydown.

Labels