Saturday, February 28, 2015

So I promised I’d write…

Best laid plans of mice & men…

Just when I promised to rededicate myself to being a better blogger…Mother Nature gives me a forced time out.

2015-02-22 16.52.252015-02-22 16.52.28

In the midst of all that timber are my power and phone lines to the shop.  Since we wanted the co-op’s to focus on getting folks back in their homes, we waited patiently all week.  Friday afternoon around 4pm, the angels arrived!  I am glad we were extra cautious crossing the lines all week.  They were HOT (bite you) as they lay waiting for the angels in the bucket trucks to arrive.

2015-02-27 15.10.52

The ice is really beautiful piled up on the branches & leaves, 

2015-02-21 15.20.132015-02-21 15.20.20

but it is a helpless feeling standing inside just listening to the crack & fall of each limb.  Other than slips on the ice (yeah, ugh), there were no serious injuries.  Our Maples & Magnolia should survive and the temps have finally started to rise and start the thaw.  I suppose it’s funny to folks in colder climates how a southerner reacts to snow & ice, but it is what it is.  The shop was a constant 40 degrees inside by Wednesday.  I was able to keep our online sale going by bundling up & using the sunlight to measure.  I’m proud to say that online customers saw no delay in any of our services during our closure that burdened our local peeps.  It’s just how we roll.  We do what we can, where we can, the best we can.  Let the chips fall where they may.

So, I’m back, still promising to be a better blogger.  What did you do last week?

1 comment:

Kristen Jones said...

I know what you mean about southerners reacting to cold and snow. I live in south Louisiana so the few times its snowed here we freaked! And I'm talking less than an inch. Lol.

Labels