Sunday, March 1, 2015

So you think I’d have some show and tell

After a week cooped up in the house, I know you are wondering how many projects I finished with all that time on my hands.  We had power at home from Sunday on, so there really was no excuse not to knock out some projects.

well….

it was a mini-vaca from working the first day or so [ok, I was resting the twisted knee from my ice capade}.

I cleaned my sewing room at the house.  That took a while.  Since it isn’t used much, it becomes a dumping ground for things in limbo.  That finished, I decided to finish an embroidery job I took last summer.  Yes, summer.  I don’t do embroidery for hire, but I do make some exceptions. 

We have 2 guilds close to me; one at Historic Rugby.  The Rugby Quilters are hosting their biannual quilt show April 10-11 and wanted new polos for the occasion.  Since I created the logo design a few years ago, they came and asked if I would embroider them again.  Where they went wrong was to say, “we are in no hurry.  We just want them by the quilt show.”  What do you do when you don’t like to do something?  Me, I procrastinate!  And summer turned to fall, fall to winter.  So, I finally hunkered down, took a day & completed all the shirts.  I treated myself to chocolate and a Mountain Dew when I got done as a prize for finishing.  Not that I deserved it after 7 months, but I did it anyway.

rq

Once I finished patting myself on the back for procrastinating, I made a denim throw rug for the kitchen.  It went into immediate service and I didn’t get a pic yet.  I used poly batting so it’s lofty-softy on the feet.  The dog thinks it’s her new bed.  It’s perfect for her, right at the stove for spilled grub & it’s comfy-cozy.  I make the mats out of denim squares (cut up jeans) & a scrap of whatever I grab out of the stash on the back.  Then I tie/tack it in every square with 3 strands of embroidery floss.  It’s all scraps, so when it wears out, gets stained, or we are tired of it, I just make another.  It’s easy to launder since there isn’t that rubbery backing that likes to crack & peel off in the dryer.  The last set lasted over 5 years.  I’ll try to remember to snap a pic tonight.

I also started on a jelly roll quilt using the new Bandana line.  It’s the last sample for my new pattern.  I am excited to show you more details soon!

Bandana-Asst-image

Then on a whim I decided that I could manage a little renovation at the shop in the cold.  Yes, I am a glutton for punishment sometimes.  I stripped the entire class room of contents, sans 2 tables and the longarm.  We’ll have a fresh new look to inspire us very soon; more on that later!

So, there’s a recap of what you missed in my little world.  Pepper in some B&B hosting of family who’s power was out, shoveling, limb piling, and knee resting.  It was a good week, all in all. 

Next week will be even better!

{my new mantra} Pin it!

1 comment:

Sarah Craig said...

It sounds like you had a good week despite it all! One of these days, I'm actually going to get over there to see your pretty shop....

Labels