Kim from Persimon Dreams and I are hosting a summer Scrappy Mystery Quilt Along! Join us the 15th of July, August and September for unique scrap quilt block tutorials.
We are partnering to bring you this QAL as part of the 5th Annual Scrap Quilt Challenge! Click the image below to see all the details on scrap block tutorials, challenge guidelines & PRIZES!
To get you started on planning your fabric for the Dreaming in Fabric Quilt Along, Kim and I are both posting today with some fabric requirements & general info for the blocks to come.
So, here's the scoop:
- On the 15th of July-September Kim and I will EACH blog a scrappy block tutorial (for a total of 6 blocks). The first 2 months the block is 12" (finished), the September block will be 6" finished.
- The blocks we post on July 15th (next Wednesday) will work awesome together if you want to mix & match blocks from both me and Kim in your final quilt. We will each show you some pictures of the 2 blocks playing together.
- The September post will also give you setting instructions so you can combine your blocks into a quilt. The finished quilt size will be large enough to qualify to enter in the Scrap Quilt Challenge once it has been quilted (one of the challenge rules). If you don't finish your quilt this year, you will already be ahead of the game with an entry for next year!
- Each month we will each host a linky party so you can show & tell your blocks. We of course you make them both & link up with each of us. Go ahead, brag a little on yourself. You deserve it!
- On November 15th, I will host a linky party for finished tops or quilts. Fabrics N Quilts will award a $25.00 gift certificate to one of these linky quilters, at random.
Background 1.5 yards (cream)
Color 1 -light 5/8 yard & dark 3/4 yard (rose/red)
Color 2 -light 3/8 yard & dark 3/4 yard (bright/dark blue)
Accent- 3/4 yard (yellow)
Focal- 3/4 yard (green)
Be sure to visit Kim's post today & see her details: http://persimondreams.blogspot.com/2015/07/dreaming-in-fabric-mystery-qal.html
We can't wait to see your color choices! Since I am new to the world of hosting a linky party, I thought I would give the process a whirl here. Snap a pic of your fabrics & link it up below (let's hope this works!)